AMD Releases Catalyst 8.2 Drivers for Download

Forum for all the AMD (Previously ATI) video cards from the past, present and future!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

AMD Releases Catalyst 8.2 Drivers for Download

Post by Apoptosis »

ATI has released Catalyst 8.2 for Windows Vista, Windows XP and Linux platforms on http://www.amd.com this afternoon.
Highlights of the Catalyst 8.2 Windows release include:

Performance improvements
* Company of Heroes: DirectX 10 performance improves as much as 20% on the ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series and ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series of products. DirectX 10 performance improves as much as 30% on CrossFire configurations using the ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series or ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series of products

Resolved Issue highlights:
* Enemy Territory: Quake Wars: Corruption is no longer noticed when editing levels.
* World of Warcraft: Flickering and missing objects are no longer noticed when playing the game in OpenGL mode.
* Doom3: Running an OpenGL application with CrossFire™ enabled and AA set to 16x no longer results in corruption being noticed when the display resolution is set to 2048x1536 or higher.
* TianXia2: Launching the game no longer results in the Windows XP operating system rebooting.
* .NET Framework an Unhandled Exception error no longer occurs when upon booting or re-booting the system.
* A white dot no longer appears on the windows desktop when launching the Catalyst Control Center. However, this issue may still be experienced under the Windows XP operating system.
* Audio stutter is no longer noticed when using the HDMI connector.
* The Catalyst Control Center options are no longer missing for the secondary extended display when hot unplugging and hot plugging the display device.
* Native CrossFire™ can now be enabled when the primary display device is connected to the master card using a CV or TV.

Highlights of the Linux Catalyst 8.2 release include:

Resolved Issues
* The Xserver no longer crashes if the screen resolution is changed in horizontal or vertical desktop setup with a monitor that does not support DDC.
* The Xserver no longer segfaults or fails to initialize DRI if a BusID was specified in an unexpected format in xorg.conf.
* The Xserver no longer freezes on shutdown if atieventsd is running.
* The first OpenGL application run after starting a session on Xserver version 1.4 no longer hangs.

For more information on Catalyst 8.2 (for Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the Catalyst 8.2 release notes found in driver download section.
Kalko
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: AMD Releases Catalyst 8.2 Drivers for Download

Post by Kalko »

I've installed this driver and works fine on my X1900gt, no performance boost but it's stable.
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

i put them on the old puter that has a 9600 pro (old school I know!)
works much better than the 7.x that was on there.
desktop
Legit User
Legit User

Post by desktop »

Would you guys recommend using this update instead of installing the ATI CD that came with my card?
skier

Post by skier »

desktop wrote:Would you guys recommend using this update instead of installing the ATI CD that came with my card?
definately, every new driver gives you a performance boost, what drivers came on the CD?
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
desktop
Legit User
Legit User

Post by desktop »

The ATI driver CD crashed my computer so I just got done reformatting and it didn't goes as smoothly as the first time. For some reason the audio drivers will not install, and even when Windows searches the web they cannot find any. I tried going to the Gigabyte site and downloading the audio drivers (Realtek) from there but those will not install, either. I keep geting the same message: Realtek Audio Driver Failure.

Then came the ATI nightmare. Same thing is happening with the ATI update. This time I went and downloaded it from the ATI site instead of using the CD, but it will not install. I have tried three times now, even trashing the downloaded file and getting a whole new one. I keep getting the same error message with this: ATI Video 8.2-application failed to initialize properly.

I have uninstalled all the ATI stuff, downloaded the update AGAIN, and trie re-installing. No go.

I am at a total loss. Time for a bottle of Excedrin..........