Front Fan header problem.

Discussion about Intel CPU Motherboards
ij70
Legit User
Legit User

Front Fan header problem.

Post by ij70 »

I have xbx2, board version 504, bios 2770.

I have connected a fan to the front fan header and the fan is not working. I connected this same fan to another header on the board (Fan 2 in iDCC) and it is working just fine. Is there something I need to enable somewhere (bios?) or is it problem with my board, or is it problem common to a lot of xbx2 boards?
Life is short and dinnertime is chancy
Eat desert first!
Kougar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Front Fan header problem.

Post by Kougar »

Hm, no answers to this one yet? I'll take a few guesses...

It is possible that depending on which "front" header you tried, the board may be auto-regulating the fan speed to it. It should state next to the connector what it connects to, and once you know you can look in the BIOS in the Health screen, it should offer you fan spreed controls. Unless you use them for other fans, you can disable them and that should let all the headers run the fans at full speed.
Core i7 920 @ 4.2GHz 1.36v
Gigabyte GA-X58-UD5
Under Water
ij70
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Front Fan header problem.

Post by ij70 »

Kougar wrote:Hm, no answers to this one yet? I'll take a few guesses...

It is possible that depending on which "front" header you tried, the board may be auto-regulating the fan speed to it. It should state next to the connector what it connects to, and once you know you can look in the BIOS in the Health screen, it should offer you fan spreed controls. Unless you use them for other fans, you can disable them and that should let all the headers run the fans at full speed.
It is header marked: Front Fan.

You are correct. The board is regulating the fans. I may have to look into it then.
Life is short and dinnertime is chancy
Eat desert first!